Thursday, November 3, 2011

Where do I come from

To define my credo, and to share where I come from, here's some info:

I'm M 30+ Engineer from India. I completed my engineering from an unknown engineering school in central India in early 2000s. During this period, I spent more time in bars than in classrooms and my undergrad marks show it. I worked in the enterprise software industry for 7 years, mostly in Asia Pacific. At the end of those 7 years, I felt bored and didn't know what I want to do with my life. So I decided to try and get an MBA to see how it goes.
I started preparing for the GMAT aiming to score 700+, but somehow got a 780. THis was a big problem coz hitherto I had been limiting my ambitions to getting into one of the better b-schools in Asia. WIth this GMAT I had a realistic shot at some of the best b-schools in the world, and I ended up being accepted at INSEAD.

In my admissions essays I put in some bullshit about wanting to get into Management Consulting in order to help my country. I couldn't write "I have no idea what I want to do with my life" could I? The intention to help my country is genuine though, but I'm still searching for the means. I sort of suspect that dressing up in a sharp suit and making PowerPoint slides all day is not the best way to go about it.

Another thing, I plan to stay anonymous on this blog. Mostly because anonymity gives me the opportunity to be completely honest with you guys. So this might be the only 'about me' post on the blog.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Anonymous,

    Congrats for the humongous GMAT score and an admit to one of the most coveted institutes. I am also an Indian and have a similar looking profile as yours albeit a okayish GMAT score. Will you please help me with the answers to some questions which I have regarding the application?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to take a great course to preapre for IIT JEE, please click learn pedia for more details. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click learn pedia to reveal best iit jee coaching schools in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can click the link of learn pedia to have more details about the top iit jee coaching institutes in Hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To see more about me, please click this link of learn pedia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I am applying to INSEAD for Jan'17 Batch. Can you please let me know about your whole profile.

    Really looking for help !!

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Please be a pal and don't spam. I will hawkishly find and delete spam before you can say 'poof!'.